Located in the Mt. Pleasant Collegiate Historic District, the handsome three-story main building of what was the Western Carolina Male Academy established in 1852, is now the Eastern Cabarrus Historic Museum and provides a glimpse of mid-1800 to early-1900 Cabarrus County life.
The Eastern Cabarrus Historic Museum building is on the National Register of Historic Places and is open to the public on weekends from March 1-October 31 and again for a Christmas Open House in early December. Visit them on Saturdays from 10am-3pm. Their library is also open for research on Mondays from 10am-2pm and by appointment.
Admission is free, and donations are accepted. Visit them online to learn more and see a list of special events.